SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is essential if you want to build your brand’s presence online. While you might know that it can make or break your site, you might also be left wondering just how to improve your SEO.
5 Ways to Improve Your SEO
There are a variety of ways to improve your SEO:
- Use Descriptive URLs: Your website’s URL should ideally include the name of your business, and one or two relevant keywords if possible. Pages on your site should also have descriptive URLs; for example, for a Services page for a pest control company, the URL might look like www.yournamepestcontrol.com/our-services
- Use Anchor Text: Anchor text is the clickable text on a hyperlink. Use effective anchor text with relevant keywords and phrases to boost SEO and guide your audience to pages like online stores.
- Build Backlinks: Backlinks are external links from other websites that go to your page. These aren’t easy to get, and will require you to reach out to other sites and do guest posts. But once you have them, they’ll be a huge boost to your SEO.
- Make Sure Content is High Quality: Google gives the highest rankings to content that displays Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. You should make sure all pages and content on your site is high quality and displays these qualities to ensure a good SERP ranking.
- Do Keyword Research: Few things are as essential to SEO as your keywords. You’ll need to research keywords to see what people are searching for. These keywords should be integrated everywhere from titles and headings, to text, to URLs.
Looking for more SEO tips? Check out this blog post.
With These Tips, Your SEO Is Guaranteed to Improve
By following the advice we’ve given in this post, you’ll be able to improve your SEO and rank higher on SERPs, building your brand in the process. If you’re looking for more expert SEO advice, contact Central Florida Media Group today to see what we can do for you.